August 7, 2007

Rainy evening



AAhhh rainy season and campus.. deadly combination...
Reminds me of whole lot of poets and poetry..
With all due respects to Robert Frost and his 'Stopping by the woods on a snowy evening' ..
(one of the best poems I've read..)

Here goes the poem.. 'Stopping by the woods on a rainy evening' :
(This is in the background of IIM campus)



Whose woods these are I know.
He has not watched these trees grow;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his trees below the rainbow.

My little daughter must think it queer
To stop without any reason near
Between the woods and wet buildings
One of the darkest evening of the year.

She gives my hand she's holding a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and hiss of a snake .

The campus is lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And lots to study before I sleep,
And lots to learn before I sleep.

---------------------------------

Just a few clarifications...
1. The 'HE' in the initial four sentences refer to N.S. Ramaswamy the founder-Director of IIMB.. the one who planted the first trees on campus...
2. There are snakes and there are snakes on campus. Every ten feet on will find a snake's residence..
3. 'lots to learn' is a pun used for poetry.. i'm not sure how much i'm actually learning.. studying .. yes lots..

3 comments:

  1. Something about the rains and nostalgia... Even Banjo's latest post, set me thinking about how we will miss this place.

    PS: I almost published this comment till I found this another blog post about rains and nostalgia from another of our alumni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good piece..
    yes the campus is awesome these days..and u know what as a fpm i get to spend more time here and enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your version of stopping by woods makes an interesting reading. you have rightly adjusted to suit to the time and place.

    ReplyDelete